I’m one of those people that falls asleep ready to wake up for their morning coffee and since i started making my coffee this way, I think I even dream about it!
These days I have two cups of this every morning – no doubt about it!
Why would you put protein in your coffee?
Protein puts our body in an anabolic state which is a fancy way to say that your body is in burn fat, build muscle mode. (as opposed to our bodies default catabolic state – store fat, burn muscle) By grabbing some protein first thing in the am, you put your body in that anabolic state from the start!
- 1 cup of coffee
- ⅓ scoop Protein (Level 1 is my absolute fave)
- Splash of almond milk (or milk of choice)
A Few Tips:
- Add your almond milk & mix or froth to cool the coffee down just a bit before adding your protein.
- A Frother is key! – This little thing is the best $15 i’ve spent in a long time. It is absolutely perfect to mix protein in with and adds the foamy froth you know & love from your local coffee shop
- Level 1 – I will rave about this stuff all day! It’s delicious, mixes beyond well and not chalky at all! Top flavors in our house are Caramel Latte, German Chocolate Cake & Cinnamon Cookie Batter.
- Don’t skip the whip.