Fitness can be expensive, right? A Monthly membership at a boutique studio can run up to $200 dollars in my area and far higher in others! On top of that, there’s a new studio popping up every week and a drop in at your favorite studio can get up to 30$ these days! Working out multiple times per week, that adds up!
But it doesn’t have to be!
The trick: Find the free fitness classes!
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been asked how I try so many studios and classes without breaking the bank! Well folks – I’m here to share my secrets for finding free fitness classes!
- Free trials!
- Free week! Free Trial! First 2 weeks free! That’s what you’re looking for people. There are so many studios that run free week or 2 specials (Corepower, f45, Shred45, Rowhouse to name a few). Take advantage! Yep, they are going to ask you to sign up for a membership at the end of your trial. Guess What? You can say no! They hear it all the time.
- Follow the studios or gyms you want to try on instagram and facebook!
- Studios run special events ALL the time – pop-up workouts, acquisition campaigns, practice classes. The trick is finding out when & where these events are being held! By following their social media, you’ll get a first look at events or special classes you can pop into. Look out for buzzwords like “anniversary”, “grand opening”, and “pop-up” for the free ones! – Book fast on these ones people! Free classes fill up way faster than you would expect.
- Find new studios!
- To track these down, you have to have a decent pulse on the fitness scene in your area. But that’s not hard to do! A couple tricks I’ve used to gain that pulse are following local instructors, local new accounts and subscribing to studio newletters. New studios have to practice and those are the classes you’re looking for! New instructors often host their own practice classes and while they may not be the best class you’ll ever take, they are great intros to a new studio or class format!
- Use Referrals.
- When you find a studio you love, talk about it! Tell your friends to check it out. Tell them to make sure to mention you sent them! Most studios have some kind of referral program! They might not advertise it but you can earn a bit of credit for each referral and they add up pretty quickly! I know Cyclebar, Corepower, Camp Gladiator, Flywheel, Classpass and more have referral programs running!
- This is my go to when I’m traveling. Classpass is a service dedicated to allowing you to try different studios. They work on a credit based system that allows you to book classes at different studios for a single monthly fee. The trick – use the trial week. Ditch it – I mean don’t use it for a while. They’ll send you another trial!! I’ve managed to use a trial for almost all of my fitness while traveling over the past year and every single class has been free!
Fitness doesn’t have to break the bank with these tips – In fact you can find 100% FREE fitness classes! Enjoy!!
No free classes to take advantage of today? Try an at-home workout!